This position is for senior or staff backend Go engineers, but we are also happy to interview non-senior level backend engineers, so do not hesitate to apply! The position is 100% remote, and we are able to hire in most countries.
Polar Signals has entities in the US and Germany. For other countries we currently use Remote, checkout the Country Explorer to see which countries are supported. We apologize if your country of residence is not supported yet, Remote is working hard to expand the list of possible countries.
Learn more about our company values, benefits and goals here.
The work you will do
- Build and maintain the open source project Parca.
- Build out Polar Signals' continuous profiling product and other future SaaS products.
- Implement high quality and well-tested code that you are not afraid to push on production multiple times a day.
- Deploy your code on a 100% cloud infrastructure.
- Continuously improve the performance and optimize the backend code.
- Be on call for our backend infrastructure.
- Write design docs and propose new features.
- Mentor, collaborate, debug together with a passionate team.
Our backend stack
- Observability: Parca, Prometheus, Thanos, Jaeger+OpenTelemetry
- Hashicorp Vault
Who are we looking for
You have extensive experience shipping high performance distributed systems using Go and running them on public cloud infrastructure. Experience leading teams, coming up with product roadmaps and delegating work.
Things considered a plus but not mandatory
- Experience with optimizing software.
- Experience implementing and maintaining gRPC APIs.
- Operating Applications on Kubernetes.
- Instrumenting Applications with Prometheus, and alerting with it.
Our interview process
Our entire interview process is remote done via google meet and we never ask you to do any coding live, or whiteboarding unless you choose to.
- You will first have an introduction call with one of our employees. This will mainly be a screening interview, where we want to get to know you, but also to answer any questions you might have about the role or company.
- Second interview is conversational, it primarily focuses on your working experience and digs into specifics of some points.
- Third and last interview is a technical interview.
How to apply
Apply by emailing to email@example.com with your CV and cover letter that explains a bit about yourself, why you are right for this position, and why you want to work with us.