This position is for senior or staff engineers to work on Polar Signals distributed database powering all continuous profiling products - it is the core of all of Polar Signals offerings!
The position is 100% remote, and we are able to hire in most countries. Polar Signals has entities in the US and Germany. For other countries we currently use Remote, check out the Country Explorer to see which countries are supported. We apologize if your country of residence is not supported yet, Remote is working hard to expand the list of possible countries.
Learn more about our company values, benefits and goals here.
The work you will do
- Develop the Polar Signals distributed database in Go.
- Improve performance, scalability, and stability of our Polar Signals database.
- Build and maintain the open-source project Parca.
- Build out Polar Signals' continuous profiling product and other future SaaS products.
- Implement high-quality and well-tested code that you are not afraid to push on production multiple times a day.
- Deploy your code on a 100% cloud infrastructure.
- Continuously improve the performance and optimize the backend code.
- Be on call for our backend infrastructure.
- Write design docs and propose new features.
- Mentor, collaborate, and debug together with a passionate team.
Our backend stack
- Observability: Parca, Prometheus, Thanos, Jaeger+OpenTelemetry
- Hashicorp Vault
Who are we looking for
You have extensive and proven experience:
- Delivering high performance distributed systems using Go (or C, C++, Rust, Java).
- Running distributed systems on public cloud infrastructure.
- Leading teams, defining product roadmaps, and delegating work.
- Building a collaborative relationship with coworkers.
Things considered a plus but not mandatory
- Experience implementing and maintaining gRPC APIs.
- Understanding of the complexity of databases and how to troubleshoot, and optimize for performance.
- Operating Applications on Kubernetes.
- Instrumenting Applications with Prometheus, and alerting with it.
- An understanding of data structures that make up a database, eg. b-trees and hashmaps.
Our interview process
Our entire interview process is remotely done via Google Meet and we never ask you to do any coding live, or whiteboarding unless you choose to.
- You will first have an introduction call with one of our employees. This will mainly be a screening interview, where we want to get to know you, but also to answer any questions you might have about the role or company.
- The second interview is conversational, it primarily focuses on your working experience and digs into specifics of some points.
- The third and last interview is a technical interview.
How to apply
Apply by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter that explains a bit about yourself, why you are right for this position, and why you want to work with us.